1) Question: “I’m buying a home and my inspector says I need a stucco expert. Do I?”

Answer: No you don’t! You need a water intrusion expert that specializes in stucco clad homes. The potential problems that need to be assessed normally exceed the scope of the average “stucco guy’s” knowledge base. These craftsmen typically do new installations of stucco and have limited experience in forensic analysis of building envelope failures. What you are looking for are the water intrusion points and a probability assessment of potential damage. Most of the more common leak points don’t really have much to do with the stucco, and as a buyer, you need the whole picture, not just a snapshot.